Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday - 1st Muay Thai Class

My day started with Mr Rai, waking me up for Mac Lunch, I practically slept my morning away.

After lunch, we went to IMM to checkout the coolers with ice pads. One of the Sona coolers seems great but it is a little off budget. Like usual, Mr Rai has a friend working in Sona, let's see how much discount can we get of that cooler.

Played War action game - Company of Hero before leaving from my 1st Muay Thai class at Yew Tee hosted by the AS Fitness.

It is an ongoing class with participants of different levels. There are 3 beginners today including myself. It is really a great way to work out your muscles. Types of combination taught today - Forward Left punch and Right Cross. Right Hook and Left Hook. Left Under and Right Under. Not forgetting the powerful Kicks! One special move learnt - fast shifting of Left to the back and the replacement of the Right to the front and that swing ending with a left kick. (for attacking on the unguarded left side)  I am clumsy with the special move. Need to work on that.

Being first timers, we trained with the common gloves, which are of lower quality/less protection. And it stink! My nuckles and fingers started to hurt after punch for an hour. The coach said it is normal as we are not used to it yet. He will introduce us with the protection gears on the next lesson (17th July 2011). There won't be lessons on the 10th July 2011 as the GYM be taken part in a major Muay Thai competition held by the Singapore Art Festival at the Escape starting from noon. We are welcome to drop by and see the Muay Thai warriors in action.

I went to Mustafa with intention to pick up a pair of indoor court shoes and some exercising apparels as my gym sessions are starting tomorrow! Guess what! I saw a pair of 14oz Black Lonsdales Muay Thai boxing gloves And I bought it! haha.. It's me and my impulsiveness again! I need to put the gloves into good use.

 

No comments: